 Technic / 1377
Re: Your most expensive "MOC"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:16:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

What is the most expensive Technic/Mindstorm 'MOC' you've created?  I figure
with parts and kits bought for particular parts and the RIS I have about $400-
$500 sitting here, maybe more, for one project...  Am I in the same ballpark
as the rest of you or have I went over the edge looking to make a huge
presentation when I unveil?

My most expensive creation is likely the coal unloader that i have built...or
the whole mine/coal loader, 2 trains, coal unloader :).  2 RCX's, 2 extra touch
sensors, 2 extra gear motors, 5 3cm pnumatic cylinders, 200 or so chain links,
50 or so 16x beams, a FO unit, railway engine...

So, for the 2 RIS, there is $700 (all in CDN), the motors are $50 for the 2,
the chain links $10 or so,  $70 or so for the beams, plus bunches of other bits
and pieces...I would guess around $1200 for the whole lot, if not more.

I don't value it that way...to me, it is all Lego...one of these days it will
get rebuilt into something else I am sure...

James