 Technic / 13814
Re: LDrawed Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:34:32 GMT

The rendering of the instructions images completed at midday today, ie.
about
30hrs after commencing, approx 1,300 images, 2.5GB worth.

There is one problem which I have found so far, and that is the "Cow
catcher"
the flexible pipes have not rendered at all.  Not sure what else has failed.

Cheers,
AP.
"Andrew Powell" <andrewcpowell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Robert Griebl wrote:
Since many people asked me if there were instructions available for my
Actros
(the real truck is green, but LDraw's green doesn't look that nice :) ):

<http://brickforge.de <http://brickforge.de/downloads/actros_big.jpg>>

(Click on the picture to download the zipped ldraw files.)

After more than a year I have finally finished drawing my Actros 4150K
with
MLCAD.
All pneumatic hoses and electric wires are currently missing. This will
most probably not change in the near future, since modelling of these
parts
is not trivial even with LSynth.

Some statistics:

* The model consists of approx. 4000 parts
* Viewing the model in LDView uses approx. 1GB RAM (for LDView only)

All sub-models are divided in building steps and it would be possible to
generate building instructions using LPub. Since PovRay is not an option
considering the lack of a super-computer cluster, we'll probably have to
wait
for LPub properly supporting the OpenGL renderers LDView and LDGlite (the
current LPub beta has severe problems here).

PLMKWYT

cu
Robert

Robert,

I have downloaded the zip file, and loaded all models AOK in ML Cad.  I
have
begun (about 10hrs ago) a publication with LPub just to see if it does
work (I
have 2GB RAM + 4GB Swap).

Hopefully it does, currently the POV is working on the front section of
the
truck, we'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
AP.