 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2128
2127  |  2129
Subject:
LDrawed Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:25:44 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Since many people asked me if there were instructions available for my Actros (the real truck is green, but LDraw’s green doesn’t look that nice :) ):

(Click on the picture to download the zipped ldraw files.)

After more than a year I have finally finished drawing my Actros 4150K with MLCAD. All pneumatic hoses and electric wires are currently missing. This will most probably not change in the near future, since modelling of these parts is not trivial even with LSynth.

Some statistics:
  • The model consists of approx. 4000 parts
  • Viewing the model in LDView uses approx. 1GB RAM (for LDView only)
All sub-models are divided in building steps and it would be possible to generate building instructions using LPub. Since PovRay is not an option considering the lack of a super-computer cluster, we’ll probably have to wait for LPub properly supporting the OpenGL renderers LDView and LDGlite (the current LPub beta has severe problems here).

PLMKWYT

cu Robert