 Technic / 13802
Re: LDrawed Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   Great model.

Hi Travis,

Thanks.

   In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Robert Griebl wrote:
   Some statistics:
  • The model consists of approx. 4000 parts
  • Viewing the model in LDView uses approx. 1GB RAM (for LDView only)

It’s worth mentioning that when I loaded it using the LDView 3 beta, it only used 83 megs.

That’s a nice improvement - if you are looking for beta testers, just send me a copy ;) (I actually do have 1 GB RAM, but the problem is that everything else has to be swapped back from disk when LDView quits, which can be quite annoying...)

   (Although, to be fair, there were some parts missing even after I downloaded and installed the unofficial parts zip.)

Someone else also had this problem, so I just reinstalled the complete 45MB LDraw package http://www.ldraw.org/files/ldraw_setup_2004q4_full.zip and all the unoffical parts http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/ldrawunf.zip: No problems with missing parts - no complaints from MlCad or LDView...

   Also, I’m pretty sure the LPub beta relies on functionality that only exists in the LDView 3 beta. So if you’re trying to do instructions via LDView from LPub, you definitely need the LDView 3 beta.

That’s very likely - I ran across a link to the LPub beta version and gave it a try, since PovRay is just way too slow. After tweaking the settings a bit it worked very nicely with the LDView backend, only the camera angle was always a bit off. I also tried the LdGlite backend, but LPub cropped most of the image contents (the camera angle was right though :) )

cu Robert