 Technic / 13709
Re: Internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:14:08 GMT

I find it strange that there are two gears on the two middle axes,
from the pictures it seems they would both mesh and block
the drive train (which I suppose they don't).

Indeed, they don't mesh!

Can you turn them aroud to change the gear ratios?

No, you can't (different tooth size and/or unmatching diameters and/or
uncompatible axle and/or different height).

Is the motor easy to take apart without breaking it?

Not really easy, but there are plastic clips all around that can be pryed open
without too much damage. This particular motor had a bad solder joint, that's
why I opened it.

Philo