 Technic / 13700
Re: Internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:22:54 GMT

If you look at picture one then picture two, you will notice in the second
picture that all but the very last of the four gears actually has a second
gear cast onto it, making the three of them essentially two gears and not
one.  What this essentially does is introduce a simple reduction drive
mechanism, also known in a lot of applications as a speed reduction gearbox,
into each gear, as it turns the next gear in line a bit slower.

I don't think you can turn these around, it would do little, and possibly
burn out the drive motor from excessive friction generation.  Reduction
mechanisms are generally not intended to overdrive the gears they mesh with.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Juergen Stuber" <juergen@jstuber.net> wrote in message
Hi,

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Patrick Levy wrote:

RC Buggy Motor (5292)
I got this one:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Motor-5292/5292-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Motor-5292/5292-2.jpg

I find it strange that there are two gears on the two middle axes,
from the pictures it seems they would both mesh and block
the drive train (which I suppose they don't).

Can you turn them aroud to change the gear ratios?

Is the motor easy to take apart without breaking it?

Jürgen

--
NO to the planned nodding through of the EU software patent directive!

Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91  23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4