 Technic / 13565
  Cable Operated Shovel

Hello, My name is Ben, this is my first post here. I would like to introduce myself and post some pics of a recent lego project. Here is a link to pictures of a rope mining shovel: (URL) thumbnails for a larger view) I built it this winter but did (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

It looks great! Where do you get all these lego parts? Don't they cost an arm and a leg? (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Thanks for sharing your pics. You may want to check out BrickShelf (www.brickshelf.com) as a place to host pics too... but if yahoo works for you, great! Looks a very interesting project. It has a bit more non LEGO in it than I care for but no (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Very nice model, can you take photos of the mechanical inner workings? I'd be interested to see how it works. How many pieces do you estimate are used in the model? - David (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Hi, thanks for the feedback. I would prefer to use only lego elements but I am on a budget so sometimes I have to improvise. Regarding your comments about voltage, it works fine, and the motors do not get hot or anything. I was also worried i (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Unfortunately I disassembled the thing before I discovered this news group, so I cannot take more pictures. I am working on a similar machine and will be sure to get pictures of the internals.. As for how many pieces are in it I do not know. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Thank you! Most of my inventory was purchased by my parents in the 80's when i was a kid ;). When I re-discovered legos as a hobby I started buying new ones, I'd say over the last year I've spent about 500$. I just purchase them at local toy (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)