 Technic / 1354
Re: Improvements I've Made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:47:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.technic, Ari M. Weinstein writes:
One of the things I like doing with Technic sets is improving the way they
function without radically changing their design.

Another very simple change:
In the 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8460

the two pairs of side stands are controlled independently.
While in real life you would probably want to control every side stand
individually,
when playing with it at home it's much nicer to have all four side stands
move up & down together.
The change is *very* easy - it's almost like it was designed to enable that
change.
All you have to do is add three 12 tooth beveled gears so that the two axles
controlling
the side stands will move together in opposite directions and move a support
beam
that gets in the way to a different location. (I actually replaced it with two
support beams)

David