 Technic / 13160
Re: Dennis Bossman's crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:07:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
The pump lowers the front legs and raises the trailer off of the tractor.  With
the dozer on the trailer, it takes about 28 pumps; without the dozer it takes
about 23.

I have never been to that website before, but it has good ideas on it.  The
joystick design I used is similar to the "Wirlwind Rescue" chopper design from
1990 (I don't know the number).  Do I need to put more pictures on brickshelf?
Maybe on lugnet.

No one has asked, but the reason that the track hoe arm is different from the
real thing is because 2 pistons back to back are strong enough to lift the arm
(4 are not needed).  At the elbow, the pistons are side-by-side and not
back-to-back because Lego pistons do not pull (retract) with enough force.  2
side-by-side pull better than 2 end-to-end.  Also, the telehandler will probably
use the last 5 of my big pistons- if so, none will be left for the track-hoe.
I'm sorry if I gave too much information.

Not at all - thanks for all the answers.

Nathan

- David