 Technic / 13158
Re: Dennis Bossman's crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:55:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
Thank you for your interest!

1. The flatbed truck was built in 1999 and revised this year. The gray lever is
a manual pump.  It works very easy, but because of the increased mechanical
advantage, it takes longer to pump.

Does it lower & raise the side stands? How many pumps does it take to do so?

2. The plane is from 2001.  The joystick moves forward/back to move the
elevator, and side-to-side to move the ailerons.

Did you use the joystick design on this
<http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/index.htm?s=insights> site?

I must confess the green pieces
are mega bloks. (there are a few mega bloks or tyco blocks in between the
pistons in the dump truck.)

Ha! spotted immediately!

3. As for the dozer, the antenna (levers) switch each track from forward to
reverse.  I could not figure out how to make a hydraulic drive with legos, so
this was the next best alternative.  Each track has a forward and reverse gear.

Nice.

4. The roller tires are from the "Super Car"(1994) and covered with sheet metal.

5. The black lever on the track-hoe is a switch for a transmission that either
connects the engine to the tracks or swivels the body.  I eventually want to add
the same drive system as the dozer to the track-hoe, but it will be hard to do.

Every model has a piston engine, the crane is being finished, and a telehandler
is being added.

Nathan Bell

- David