 Technic / 13123
Re: Does anybody know the story behind 8847?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:02:31 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message

I didn't know if this supercar was first released to the general public • with the
springs-on-axle, or if halfway thru the development of this set they • changed
over to proper shock absorbers, before they released it to the public.

I'm almost certain it wasn't - I received this set when it was released and
it had the one piece shocks in it. I did notice at the time, and assumed
that the pictured springs were prototypes (although I probably didn't know
that word back then :-). I remember thinking at the time it was a bit of a
shame, because you could put the multi part shocks to a greater variety of
uses than the one part ones. Juniorisation eh? :-)

Jennifer