 Technic / 12860
Re: Tan Axle Pins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:46:59 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:I06Bpo.vFz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jennifer Clark wrote:

Blacks and greys are definitely the right thing for these elements IMHO.

Yep!

I expect they changed the colours to avoid people getting confused over the
different connectors, i.e. pin with friction and axle pin with friction.
Obviously where an axle pin is required (i.e. it is going into an axle hole)
a standard pin will not work, but perhaps they were worried about the case
where an axle pin was mistakenly used where a standard pin should be, and
the resulting connection would not be sound.

I'd be interested to hear if I am wrong in this and there was a different
reason.

On the subject of connectors, one I'd like to see would be a 3/4 pin with
friction.

Jennifer