 Technic / 12680
Re: Are grey axles meant to have less friction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 00:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ronald Vallenduuk wrote:
I couldn't find an earlier post about this (though it might well be
there) so I'm starting a new thread.
I recently noticed that the grey axles (the odd-length ones in some
recent sets like 8451 and 8453) have less friction than the black
ones. It almost feels like a different material.
Is that me loosing my marbles or have other people noticed this as
well? I'm not quite impressed with this. I think the odd lengths often
come in quite usefull, but I also like my gears to stay on their
axle...

Duq

I haven't noticed that.

However, I noticed that the new tan axle pins have a significantly weaker pin
than the old gray ones. See how easily the wheels come off on the 4404, 8451,
8453...