 Technic / 12456
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:43:05 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Ahh now we are getting somewhere.

This sounds like we can NOT do the table edge detection stuff, using it's feet.

Imagine you're crawling around on your hands and knees, with your eyes closed.
When you get to the top of a stairway, you put your hand down, and it doesn't
touch the ground.

If I understand you correctly (which doesn't always happen via e-mail) you must
continue to crawl forward, until your other hand and knee are off the ground.

That will be a problem.

Hmmm, indeed, or perhaps if we monitor the time it takes for a Leg to hit the
ground and then install a logic command that will take action if the leg does
not hit the ground in a predetermined amount of time. If the leg's foot sensor
does not detect the presence of solid ground within the time it normally takes
to hit the ground, it can be presumes there is no ground and this could be
managed and corrected. So when a foot does not "feel" the ground ahead of it in
a predetermined amount of time; the time it normally takes to hit the ground, it
can begin the self preservation/course reversal actions.

Could we still do this then?

It's fine if it can't turn, or switch to moving sideways while all feet are on
the ground, but it really needs to be able to reverse direction.

I suspect the front legs can be a small amount longer, so it will detect the
lack of ground, before the weight is really shifted to the new legs.

Will that work?

Or install a command that will trigger the reverse seqence, should the foot not
send a tounch down signal within the expected arrival time.

cool right. I got my hand in the cookie jar.

Steve