 Technic / 12469
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:35:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

This sounds like we can NOT do the table edge detection stuff, using it's feet.

That will be a problem.

Hmmm, indeed, or perhaps if we monitor the time it takes for a Leg to hit the
ground and then install a logic command that will take action if the leg does
not hit the ground in a predetermined amount of time.

Detecting the table edge is not the problem.  We can do that with a sensor in
the hip/leg in addition to one in the foot.  Then, when the leg is extended, and
the foot is not touching, there is an error.

The problem (as I see it) is that it must can not backup right away.  It must
lift the other leg group off the surface, before it can backup.

I'm not sure the exact sequence (I still haven't looked at Kevin's 242 paper
long enough to understand it) but we may be able to start backing up as soon as
the valve is switched, causing the legs to start UP.  So, the feet would still
(pretty much) be on the ground, and it will start backing up.

Steve