 Technic / 12046
    New crane MOC —Bob Kojima
   when i found out that Brickfest was going to be in Portland i knew that i wanted to bring something BIG! since i live in Portland, a big moc would not be a problem since i would not have to worry about shipping or flying it on a plane. my moc is a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic) !

        Re: New crane MOC —Thomas Avery
     (...) Uh, that's close, but still a little understated :-) (...) That's a great crane, Bob! Very nice boom construction. I love to see trusses built like that with proper, stiff cross-bracing. The joining of four booms isn't an easy thing, but your (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: New crane MOC —Tobbe Arnesson
     Wow! Massive Bob! Hope to see some good photos after PDX - and it *will* survive (I hope :). Just don't get any TJ MOC above it *grin* (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: New crane MOC —Thomas Avery
     (...) Hey now- crane disasters happen. You can't avoid it :-) (URL) Hopefully that won't scare Bob too badly :-) Let's just hope my streak of bad luck is over! -TJ (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: New crane MOC —Bob Kojima
      (...) thanks TJ. you are the crane master so a complement from you means a lot to me! i had to place a lot of orders for 1x5 liftarms thin to complete all the cross bracing. the red ones are hard to come by and the bricklink stores only have 1 or (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New crane MOC —Bob Kojima
     (...) thanks tobbe. i will be sure to get lots of good pictures before it falls. i have seen the pictures of the TJ incident. bob Bob Kojima ko@fial.com (URL) Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97239 (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New crane MOC —Ross Crawford
     (...) Woohoo!! Glad I decided to go to Portland!! Rest assured I'll get some pics ;) Hopefully I'll be around when you assemble it too - I can even help if you need it. (...) Nice work! Haven't seen a ringer here for quite a while. I agree with TJ, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New crane MOC —Bob Kojima
   (...) i will make sure to wait for you to get there before i start setting it up. i can't wait to see what you are bringing. you got a lot of good stuff listed on the brickfest moc page. any chance you are bringing your Sydney Harbor bridge? (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New crane MOC —Ross Crawford
   (...) That'll be great! My cranes will hopefully be in the town display. (...) Alas, it doesn't exist any more - I couldn't afford to tie up all those technic beams. And it would have cost a pretty penny to transport from Australia too. ROSCO (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)