 Technic / 11847
Re: Gearbox 8860 trouble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:52:07 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> schreef in bericht
news:HqLGzx.235n@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, David Koudys wrote:

I built this car with 3 gears many years ago... that's how I did it • (iirc ;) )

I remember this too, Christmas of 1980 I think it was. Serious nostalgia • here! I
think the reason for the cover was that the engine fairly rattles along • when you
push the car in the lowest gear, which is fine as long as you have built • the
model well. I think if you didn't build the model well it might be prone • to
jamming and reduce the pushability.

It sure did!

So what is this low gear officially for? Again, if memory serves me well, • when
motorising the car, I think you were supposed to move the plates on the • gearbox
about a bit to allow access to this low gear but not the highest one!

Check the building instructions...
At the end there are two possibilities to build in a 4.5 volt motor. One for
steering and one for driving. There you can see what is said here...

I found this two gear lark to be a bit naff and therefore the full three • gears
were always enabled.

Where do i remember this from?
How about getting 9 gears when using this gearbox double
Or creating a 6 forward and 3 reverse gearbox...
Indeed nostalgia

Greetings
    Maico Arts