 Technic / 11838
Re: Gearbox 8860 trouble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:37:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Joakim Olsson wrote:
Hi, I´m having a slight problem building the gearbox on the 8860...
How many gears is it supposed to have? It is technically able to have 3, but
if you follow the instructions its impossible to use more than 2.

Check this scan of page 16 out and compare the 3 pictures of the gearbox
(Well, not exactly the gearbox but the gear change mechanism in the blue
box):

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8860/8860-19.html

Anyone that remembers how they actually built it?

(Or is it just me trying to build with one to many empty beers on the table?
=)
/Joakim

remove the 2x4 plate, then use whatever blue plates so that the stick shift can
be in 3 separate positions

I built this car with 3 gears many years ago... that's how I did it (iirc ;) )

Dave K

Waking up more and actually running off to find the instructions and looking at
'em...

Step 17--don't put the 2x3 plate in, instead, use a 2x2 plate and don't cover up
the third space for the stick shift...

Rest of the steps are fine.

Hope that helps...

Dave K