 Technic / 11846
Re: Gearbox 8860 trouble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:33:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Koudys wrote:

I built this car with 3 gears many years ago... that's how I did it (iirc ;) )

I remember this too, Christmas of 1980 I think it was. Serious nostalgia here! I
think the reason for the cover was that the engine fairly rattles along when you
push the car in the lowest gear, which is fine as long as you have built the
model well. I think if you didn't build the model well it might be prone to
jamming and reduce the pushability.

So what is this low gear officially for? Again, if memory serves me well, when
motorising the car, I think you were supposed to move the plates on the gearbox
about a bit to allow access to this low gear but not the highest one!

I found this two gear lark to be a bit naff and therefore the full three gears
were always enabled.

Jennifer