 Technic / 11827
11826  |  11828
Subject:
Lego Flight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:46:21 GMT

Hey I'm back at it with the start of a new glider. Right now its just being
built, though I am trying some new ideas.

The biggest new feature will be air foil shapped wings. I do have one question
though. Do you guys think that a rough air foil shape would work better then no
air foil shape?

I'm assumming that any air foil shape would be better then no air foil shape.
The blue panels that I'm using (same as on Dart Glider and Drat Soarer) don't
like to hold the correct air foil shape. Its tough just to get them to hold any
air foil shape.

Also one more thing. I bought another of the Mars Exploration Rover Set, so the
wings on this new version will be bigger. However, because of the way the panels
fit together I can't just make one wing twice as big as the old if I want to
keep the same wieght on each side of the plane. I have one wing built all ready
that is a little bigger then the old, what I'm thinking about doing is making
another wing that would be slightly smaller and turning the plane into a
biplane. Do you guys think that this would be worth the extra wieght or not?

Well thats it for now, I will post updates as they come. I hope to be done with
this design shortly. Its mainly a test plane for the air foil shape. If it goes
farther then my last one (Drat Soarer) then it will be a success.