 Technic / 12226
Re: Lego Flight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:54:35 GMT

"Daron Williams" <ratasaurs@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:Hv01GI.1HFp@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Also one more thing. I bought another of the Mars Exploration Rover • Set, so the
wings on this new version will be bigger. However, because of the way • the panels
fit together I can't just make one wing twice as big as the old if I • want to
keep the same wieght on each side of the plane.

What about these Clikits parts for airfoils:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x1006
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x1068

Philo

Those might actually work better. The panels from the Mars Set are fairly • stiff,
which makes it hard to build a good air foil shape. These new ones might • just
work. Thanks for the info.

I have the Mars Set and the plates they are too heavy and too small. And I
do not think the plates from Clickits are any better. And I'm NOT going to
buy 50 sets of Clickits! NEVER!!  :)
Just think of it; here comes a 36 year old man into a toystore and buys 50
sets of Clickits, I can not say it is for my 50 girlfriends in the age of 8-
12 year, and i do not have 50 daughters either  :D
And I think the parts is going to take long time before their avaiable at
Bricklink.

My solution is using stiff non-LEGO plastic sheets. But I have not found the
perfect one yet. Until now I have only used normal plastic film, but that is
too weak and adds no strength to the construction.

But I was in the toy store today and was holding a large baseplate in my
hand, it is pretty flexible.. it is a bit heavy, but it will cover more of
the wing and therefore need less points for holding it? Maybe?? Any
thoughts??

----
Øyvind Steinnes