 Technic / 1181
Re: Question about 8448 supercar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:26:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dan Huber writes:
[SNIP]

I'm also very picky about sets like these, the ones I've deemed the honored
models in my meager collection (well, not that small, but puny compared to
the Lego giants of our day), and I WILL NOT mix parts in to get the desired
piece; I'm just that way.  A set of this perfection need not be tainted with
lower-class pieces (yeah, it is sick, huh?) and the newest "headlights" I've
got that would go here are the ones that fit on that one $9 Technic dune
buggy thing that was black and yellow and had a single piston that fired
front-to-back behind the seat in the back of the car.  It had a little roll
cage too built of simple half beams and axles.  It's one of the four sets
I've ever owned that had functioning pistons (I've had the Shock Cycle, that
Dune Buggy or Blaster or whatever it is, the Rebel Wrecker, and my beloved
Super Street Sensation), hence the reason I bought it.

Well, anyway, enough ranting.  What ideas have come to mind from similar
users/builders/fanatics/perfectionists to overcome this problem?  Just
wondering what the rest of the supercar world had to say about this.  Thanks
for your time.

Er, uh, well, Dan, it seems you've painted yourself into an idealogical
corner, so to speak.  If you only have 2 round white tiles and you need
4, and you can't use any from any other set due to contamination,
there is only one solution:  You must buy another 8448!

Well, only one honest solution.  You could write to Consumer Affairs,
claim you lost the parts and ask for replacements, but I guess that's
out of the question now because they'll read this and be on the lookout
for you!

If you could possible risk a little "taint," you might be able to
get a couple of these tiles in the upcoming Auczilla, but, of course,
they would be from another set.  This is not a timely solution either.

You could wait for Lego Direct, maybe order 1000 of them.
:^)

I apologise for making light of your dilemma.

I'm actually kind of serious about buying a duplicate copy.  I often get
at least 2 copies of a given set for the very reason you've indicated:
it pretty much guarantees I'll have plenty of parts to experiment with for
new/alternate models. Good luck ....

as evah,

John C.