 Technic / 11605
Re: Is it ABS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:16:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:
maybe the trial of fire if radical

For Sure! I am not curious enough to destroy my bricks ;)

but you can test some aspects of materials
dropping them on hard surface
let's say from 20cm height
and hear the sount and look on "jumping"
but this is not too scientific test :)))

That's what I did (together with using very small hammer and hitting it softly
plus some scratching done with various metal pieces (similar  to testing rock
samples.. ) I just wanted to know if anybody knows more about it. I just bought
that off-roades and when I realized it's not ABS i felt somehow daddled..
(feeling of that plastic really remined me pricy but bad quality plastic kits
from SSSR)

Robert