 Technic / 11603
Re: Is it ABS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:39:51 GMT

i think some parts are made with various plastic
but i just think this way

my observation is about old and new bushes
and other connectors
the old ones was "ready to break" however the new ones
are stronger
maybe this is the same plastic but in different proportion of source material

the new ones look a little bit less shiny
but this could be just an effect of the different moulds

pixel

btw:
maybe the trial of fire if radical
but you can test some aspects of materials
dropping them on hard surface
let's say from 20cm height
and hear the sount and look on "jumping"
but this is not too scientific test :)))

"Robert Seifert" <seifrob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HoI2pH.F7w@lugnet.com...
Anyone noticed that wheel discs in 8466 - off roader and 8475 - RC buggy have
more "plastic feel" than regular ABS-molded parts? It feels like they are molded
from polystyrene. They look less elastic than ABS plastic and reminded me
styrene kits.  I got this suspicion just by touching and feeling them - didn't
try to burn them or dissolve in toluene (which would probably prove it).

What do you think?

Robert