 Technic / 11371
Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:07:05 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Jim Kovacs wrote:

[snip]

Hey guys,

I have been following this post since it started. It inspired me to try to find
a use for my vision command cam.
I decided not to try to use pnuematics...but rather a simple gear/belt drive
system. It gives full pan and tilt...well at least one full turn before the
wires decide to bind on the inside.

At the moment it is driven by switches and 9v batt boxes...But the plugs can
easily be hooked to an rcx. (which I will do when time allows).

I have uploaded a few pictures to brickshelf...but they seem to be taking a
while to become public. But once available, there will be pics of the control
switches and the simple gear drive for the tilt unit.(the "pan" side of things
is buried deep in the unit)

One of the uploads worked..

Either way...it's fun to listen to all the ideas. Plus kind of neat to have a
couple of switches down by the keyboard controlling my new lego pan-tilt web
cam.

Hi Jim,

  Very cool!  Maybe I'll have to dig out my vision cam too,,,,

  It was fun dreaming up designs, and it was fun talking with Bauchaille, an old
friend (and one of the senior statesman on the legmindstorms web site).  I spent
my first few years of internet LEGOing on that site.

~Jim

Kevin