 Technic / 11202
  Technic mountain bikes

Hi folks I've uploaded pictures (thanks Calum) of two new technic models to Brickshelf: full suspension mountain bikes. Deep link to bike #1: (URL) This is more of your typical cross-country bike, with a neat front fork suspension - this was (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

John- Nice bike. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) I'll go farther, I actually liked both of them! They seem more like trick bikes than mountain bikes, given the wheel size though. No way round that unless there's a bigger wheel somewhere. (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) Thanks Larry! Not sure what you mean by 'trick' bikes though. I used actual bikes for inspiration. Although I agree with you about the scale - it's off, and I will try to improve that in the next versions. The problem is that you can shrink (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

Here's the full BrickShelf folder: (URL) that I this Sunday spent over six hours in a XC Mountainbike race (112 km) I'll have to say that I'm fairly used to looking at bikes such as these (OK, maybe not so many DownHill bikes participating but (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

John Guerquin's utterance expressed in news:HKJq9v.1vAu@lugnet.com: (...) This is really great - I love the back suspension. I made an mtb some time ago, but didn't try full suspension :) (...) The derailleur on this one is really cool, but I think (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) Yeah, the wheel size is a limitation, I will see if I can try to scale down the frame and suspension, especially on the red downhill bike. The Hailfire wheels are HUGE - the diameter is similar to the length of the whole bike! However, it (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) John, Nice stuff. I have often thought of doing an MTB myself. Now that I have the hailfire, I will be thinking of building something that can take advantage of those hoops! Dave (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

"John Guerquin" <jguerquin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:HKK93K.CDx@lugnet.com... (...) I think Larry is referring to BMX types, at least that is what we called them in my day :-) Jennifer (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) We're all humans, except those that are a cross breed of Technic and Fabuland, of course. (...) I like the seats by Lars: (URL) I think I got carried away with the bar ends on the red downhill bike.... I got another idea for bar ends, what (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic mountain bikes

(...) Another idea (needs work): synthetize the bicycle wheels using 1x2 liftarms. Not very nice looking though... and a real parts hog! (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)