 Technic / 11209
Re: Technic mountain bikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:03:17 GMT

Here's the full BrickShelf folder:

Being that I this Sunday spent over six hours in a XC Mountainbike race (112 km)
I'll have to say that I'm fairly used to looking at bikes such as these (OK,
maybe not so many DownHill bikes participating but still).

And your's are really good! The rear deraileur is a neat touch, the disc posing
as disc brakes and the bar ends!

Like you've already mentioned, the scale is off but you can only do so much with
the existing wheel sizes. Perhaps one can build a custom wheel? The Hailfire
Droid has some nice rims, perhaps they can be spoked?

The only complaint (apart from scale which I wont complain about) is the seats,
the don't look like real bike seats IMHO. They should be more of a flat surfce
on top of everything horizontal to the ground.

Although, your's look much more comfy then the real deal and a certain bodypart
of mine would be eager to test them out :)

Also, bar ends are not that common on downhill bikes since they rarely use them
up-hill :) But surley there are some bikes equiped that way.

The suspension looks great on both bikes!

Perhaps you can figure out a way to add minifig levers as brake levers on the
handle bar?

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe