 Technic / 10785
    The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Kevin L. Clague
   I created Mark Tarrabain's single pressure/single piston AND gate and have it all four possible input states. In this case I use rubber bands to compress the pistons, but this is not the only way to compress the pistons. (URL) is a picture of my (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Robert Fay
      "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HGup2n.7Jv@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) compress the (...) piston/dual (...) By (...) (without (...) gate, (...) can be (...) 13 (...) Good work, Kevin! I have not worked with AND OR (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) You are welcome, and thanks Robert. The full adder has three inputs A,B and carry in, and two outputs sum out and carry out. SumAB = A XOR B Sum out = SumAB XOR Carry in Carry out = (A AND B) OR (SumAB AND Carry in) You need a total of 2 XOR (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Mark Tarrabain
   Wow. Thank you so much for the acknowledgement, Kevin. I am genuinely flattered. I've got a bitmap made of the schematic for my 13 switch full adder. It's strictly representative, and not meant to imply how the switches would be positioned in the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Well, I didn't invent the single piston gate. I give credit where credit is due. As I said in a previous post. Your single piston AND gate design was inspirational. I talked myself out of this in the past because I could not figure out how to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Arrow heads showing which direction you expect the air to flow (not including release) would be helpful also. I've tried to figure it out, but I've not had a lot of luck. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Mark Tarrabain
   (...) Okay... I've added arrowheads to each line showing air flow direction. The switches are set up so that the center port is the conventional inlet, and the top and bottom ports the outlets. I say conventional, because I don't always use it that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) I was concerned about your use of switches that is backwards from normal. I transitioned through all the possible values and it never lost system pressure. Great job! Now I have to study the design so I understand how you did it. There's are a (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The latest rage in pneumatic computing —Mark Tarrabain
   (...) You know, I can really empathize with you on the fact that it might be cryptic. You don't wanna know how long it took me to get the wiring on it just right so that I wouldn't be committing any pneumatic violations. I'll try and explain how I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)