 Technic / 10258
10257  |  10259
Subject:
new forklift, old steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 10:04:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi to all!
Some time ago, I published a link to a forklift-like steering, which can
steer up to about 90 degrees. Here is what I managed to build around it:

pre-moderation:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/5.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/6.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/7.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/8.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-3/9.jpg

post moderation:

Features:
- action-figures scale (I hope)
- Front wheel drive
- 4 section (includinc fork) mast (I'm quite proud of it ;-) )
- it actually lifts quite a lot, that means about 300 grams

Defects:
- the rear steering sometimes jams because of the micromotor (or maybe the
battery are low, I have to check ;-P)
- putting the weight bricks on the back is not sufficient to make it steer
"90 degrees" when it's loading something - it sleeps beyond a certain
steering angle :-(
- with the mast retracted, it's still to high to be "real"
- I'm not a "model team" one, so plating is far from good. But I hope some
of my italian fellows come in help (Andrea? Fabio? Ci siete?)!

Well, that's all - hope you enjoy it as much as me when building it!

ciao
steP