 Technic / 10131
10130  |  10132
Subject:
Lego solar car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:50:21 GMT

Hello, all.  I know I don't post here much 'cause I'm more of a space fan...
but I just wanted to ask you all for some help.

My 8th grade science teacher assigned us a project in which we have to make
and race a model solar car.  So, because of my (right) belief that Lego can
do anything, I've made the body out of Lego and modified a Lego gear to the
car motor.

You can see some pictures here:
http://www.jhkruer.com/stuff/

My challenge is to make a light, fast car.  The primary concern is the
transmition, right now I  just use a 1:1 ratio of 24 tooth gears, and either
the thick small technic wheels or the really thin wheels.  (see the link for
two different combinations of gears and wheels)

So, do you guys have any ideas for a light, strong wheel and gear train?
Thanks!

-JHK