 Technic / 10123
Re: my 8466 with 4 wheel steering stronger axles and better front suspension.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 02:17:24 GMT

Tonight I took the whole thing apart. The last few days I have been planning
to build a telehandler, which needs pretty much everything I have in the
8466 and then a lot more Lego.

But as I disassembled it I took some pictures to show how the rear axle was
built and how it was connected to the rest.

some pointers:
You`ll have to modify the rear of the tranny as shown:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/FlyingDutchman/Improved8466/16.jpg

The rear end is installed in between the frame, you`ll have to take it apart
attach the axle to the one side, put on the other side and then you can drop
in the transmission back in.

So now I can`t post any more pictures, I`m sure the telehandler will take a
while to build. I got the front axle done, it is a solid version of the 8466
made smaller, no suspension since the real thing doesn`t have it. And I need
a lot of yellow liftarms, I have none.

Gerard

WOW! Now that is very nice work.  My 8466 has been sitting on the shelf
gathering dust but after seeing your work I think I know what I should do
next with it ;-)

Love to see more pics if you have some.

Adr.