 Technic / 10086
Re: Pneumatic Engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell writes:

It would be fun to make it a v8 with eight new double acting pneumatic
pistons (if you had enough). Really powerful, but kinda big. Might take too
much effort to pump it though. Guess it would be a v16 then, with 16 power
strokes per cycle.

Alex Zorko has done just that.

http://www.nicjasno.com/

See the bottom of his ideas page, and also his dodge charger model. He says
it powerful enough to tear apart gearboxes. I am going to try using the new
style cylinders, but they are much stiffer and I will have to use twice as
many valves!

Rob