 Technic / 10059
Re: Pneumatic Engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:21:31 GMT

Rob Stehlik wrote:
Hi everyone,
As promised, I have been working on a more interesting Technic project. I
have made a couple pneumatic v4 engines which you can see here:

http://sparky.i989.net/rstehlik/pnengines.html

If you have any ideas on how to measure the power of these things, let me
know. It would be fun to scale it up and compare with real engines.
Rob

You could time how long it takes to winch a small amount of weight
hanging off the edge of a table top a certain distance.  See the recent
power pulling threads to see what I mean.  From that you can figure out
torque and horsepower.

or

You could use it to turn one of the 9v gearmotors and see how many
light bricks you can juice up from the "output" of the motor.

PS. Am I the only one who doesn't have the red, single-acting
cylinders ?!