 Technic / 10035
10034  |  10036
Subject:
running bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 05:04:50 GMT

has anyone ever actually made a lego bot that meets the definition of
running?  Lately there have been a lot of bots like the Twirp and my own Son
of Walker, that basically meet the definition of walking, in that during
their stride they fall forward or backward.  I'd like to work on some thing
that runs, or encourage everyone to try as well.
I'm interested in finding an example of and building my own bot that moves
forward in a propulsive manner where legs and feet that move in a relatively
smooth cycle and propel the bot off the ground for a second during stride.

thanks in advance

-tk