 Technic / *9146 (-5)
  Re: New Parts

There are two different "carrier disks". One has a center round hole, the other a center cross axle hole. They both have a pair of cross axle holes and pair of round holes around the outside. The cross axle holes are used to pin the two disks (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

How about the special right-angle skew gears (IIRC that's the proper name for them.) that are commonly used for the connection from the crankshaft to the distributor cap in most petrol-driven engines? Modern electronic engine management technologies (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

April Fools aside and at the risk of offending purists I've started cutting up the 32173 Technic Liftarm 2 x 7 with 2 Ball Joints Cutting off the fake rams and the one ball joint which is off at an angle leaves a ball joint with a two hole beam (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

I was thinking along the lines of the old planetary gearboxes where different gear ratios could be selected by applying a brake to the appropriate anulus. ROSCO "Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:GtxCHy.CyG@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

We don't even need that. Two of John's Internal gear bricks, two carriers, some pinions and some axels are enough for a two stage planetary set. Drive the first stage "sun" with a pinion on a technic gear motor, connect the output of the 1st carrier (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact