 Technic / *18406 (-20)
  Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Jsn2Jz.7nD@lugnet.com... (...) Another two pneumatic cylinders, and I think you would've had the steering like a real grader does. I've seen few other models with that degree of steering (...) (17 years ago, 7-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.

(...) Clarification: the blade design in the pictures works but my modification did not work- therefore the overall blade range remains about 45 degrees. (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.

(...) I did a large technic road grader in 2006, and although the steering works, it does not work exactly like the real thing. I tried to modify it to make the blade rotate further, but it did not work and the design in the pictures is finished. (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.

(...) Have you thought about using pneumatics for the front end? Are you planning on a newer style machine? Old motor graders had linkage and drive shafts to run everything. Modern machines are all hydraulic and use hydrostatic front wheel drive. I (...) (17 years ago, 2-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.

I've been looking at how to do a properly done, realistic road grader for some time now, from Technic LEGO, and I've become stuck trying to properly emulate a realistic design for the front steering. As anyone who's seen a road grader knows, they (...) (17 years ago, 1-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) Done - thanks! (17 years ago, 1-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) Thanks a lot, Alexander! Now I have to find enough ballon wheels... or substitute Rama wheels ;o) Two little remarks about the mpd: The "whole" model should be the first in the MPD (Multipart > Model Sequence) You can add all PF parts that I (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) Here are some building instructions (or at least an MLCad file). The PF parts are not shown, but it should be clear where they go: (URL) For anyone planning to build one, there is a warning: the way the wheels are put together may cause some (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Bionicle Spider (not mine)

My good friend (and fellow worker), Dave F, brought in his little 'pet project' that he's been working on for the last little bit-- (URL) Inspired by one of the latest Bionicle sets, Dave F wanted to build an 8 legged beastie instead of the set's 4 (...) (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  New MOC: Cowans Sheldon 76T Rail Crane with Power Functions - photos

Here are the photos of my new Rail Crane with Power Functions: (URL) It's an 8mm scale model of a Cowans Sheldon 76T crane. Some details still to finish - I want to make sure it passes the scale load lifting test first. The scale load will be 6 full (...) (17 years ago, 28-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

Thanks for the videos and even more for the detailed and chear instructions! Coming up with this complex geartrain must have been quite tough ;o) Philo (17 years ago, 25-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) No - the mechanism with the differentials does precisely this conversion for you! As you say, there is one IR channel for each motor. I am controlling it using this: (URL) The joystick on the left (inspired by this one (URL) from Mark Bellis) (...) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) Looks like the tricky gear train handles a lot of it (URL) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killer Dozers

Very nice work, Philo! I like the clever compact design, and that you have made something truly playable. TLC should do something like this! I worry a bit about the knocks to the battery box switch and the connector when it falls over though... (...) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

(...) I'm enjoying it- I'd enjoy instructions even more! How are your controls working? You control each motor with one IR channel, right? So you have to convert linear-to-holonomic in your head? In real time? (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Killough platform with power functions

Thank you very much for the nice comments! Here at last are some videos of the Killough platform in action (sorry for poor quality). The first three show various motions, starting with the three basic ones: backwards/forwards, sideways, and turning (...) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) So far I have not listed any re-editions, only original releases. When I write the detailed page for 8460, I will list the alternate numbers (it was released 3 times). There are several other sets which were also re-released. Eric blakbird (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Hi Eric, Shouldn't you mention 8431, 2002 reedition of the 8460? Philo (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Update: ===...=== Photos of about 60 sets added and feature comparisons completed for categories: Cranes Bulldozers Forklifts Super cars Go carts Tractors Helicopters Motorcycles Other Blakbird (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

Hello Eric, Sorry, you are right! 857 had it too! I totally forgot! Greetings Maico Arts Eric Albrecht schreef: (...) (17 years ago, 22-Nov-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact