 Technic / 16015
Re: Building a realistic working road grader from Technic LEGO parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:56:44 GMT

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
Has anyone attempted a road grader in Technic?  The few models I can
recall
LEGO themselves doing didn't address the steering aspects needed.
I did a large technic road grader in 2006, and although the steering
works, it
does not work exactly like the real thing. I tried to modify it to make
the
blade rotate further, but it did not work and the design in the pictures
is
finished.

Another two pneumatic cylinders, and I think you would've had the steering
like a real grader does.  I've seen few other models with that degree of
steering capability, and while it's not the exact same thing it comes pretty
close, given the limitations of Technic elements.

Could you have done the steering without the special suspension elements
LEGO produced for Technic models that use them?  I doubt it would be
possible, or it would look extremely blocky and awkward if it was possible.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde