 Technic / *17916 (-10)
  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

Brian, (...) Absolutely awesome! /Matthias (deeply impressed) ps Now I'm going to wait day and night for the LDraw file ;-) (give them an inch and they will take a mile...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) OK, I hammered on it some more, and made a much more fun video. I updated Brickshelf with some "deconstruction" pictures that show how to build it (hey, I didn't say they made it *easy* to build it): (URL) the video on YouTube, with my son (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with balancing cantelevered WIP project.

"Aaron Sneary" <aaronsneary@NOSPAMyahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JCJGqJ.2EJ@lugnet.com... (...) Have you been building to an exact scale with measures? It seems to me that your overhanging arm is longer (relative to the height of the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with balancing cantelevered WIP project.

(...) Hi Aaron, From memory, the boat weights are only about 20 grams each. That's less than 1 oz. So you'd need quite a few. I have used fishing sinkers for counterweight before - you could fit quite a few inside that control room or whatever it is (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Help with balancing cantelevered WIP project.

"Aaron Sneary" <aaronsneary@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:JCJGqJ.2EJ@lugnet.com... (...) There are two main things and several minor things you need to keep in mind here. 1. The arm piece extending out of the tower can only extend so far (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  WIP - Red Quad

I have been working on this Red Quad. Contains the NXT. Work in Progress. (URL) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX) !

  Help with balancing cantelevered WIP project.

I would love some suggestions on keeping this WIP project from tipping over: (2 URLs) The tower stays together, with a technic beam running up the back side. But the whole baseplate flexs and tips over with the weight of the overhanging arm. And (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Mindstorms question

Hi Nathan, (...) the RCX rotation sensor should work on sensor ports like all legacy sensors, provided it is supported by the firmware. It would also be possible to build a rotation sensor for the motor ports, i.e. like a NXT motor without the motor (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) The NXT motors have built-in rotation sensors, so you could detect a stall condition with no other hardware. You could use the ultra-sonic (distance sensor) or light sensor to detect when the blade passes in front of it, to determine when the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) Thanks Steve for the information and the advice. Although gearing up the NXT motors may result in a loss of torque, it sounds like a good option. Another option might be to control the switch for the RC motor with one of the NXT motors (which (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact