 Technic / *17686 (-20)
  I feel Blue but aesthetics is gray.

(...) I am a strong believer in "form follows function." The reason for this is that function can be evaluated based on absolute criteria- physics, ergonomics, ect. Aesthetics is not evaluated on absolute criterian other than beauty is in the eye of (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: I feel Blue

"Stump Dunn" <stumpd@gmail.com> wrote in message news:J2ox58.D07@lugnet.com... (...) Neither can BrickLink, apparently, their set inventory lists that part as being light bluish grey. Go figure. (...) I could probably think of one reason why TLG (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I feel Blue

(...) Thanks Keith, but if you look deeper you will find all sorts of these type of oddities in all age brackets, price brackets, sub themes and years of production. (URL) green axles (URL) white 3L axles with studs (URL) red 3&4L axles (URL) this (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: I feel Blue

(...) Actually grey odd length axles started in 2003. Yes, having all those 2L structural pieces (pins, friction pins, axle pins w/ and w/o friction, 2L axles) in different colours will relieve kids' frustration of picking the wrong parts because (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Blue Quad

I've said it before, and i'll say it again Blue Quad is COOL thanks for showing sigurd (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Blue Quad

(URL) New Robot called the Blue Quad is now on Brickshelf.com> (URL) Sophie 2006>> Vision Command Sensor Camera mounted in the head. (2 URLs) for 1600x1200 view>> Red/Green polarity sensitive LED lights in the eyes (Courtesy HiTechnic). Light sensor (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  I feel Blue

I have been objective to the standard part colour combinations from TLG for a few years now. This post is not a bashing of new greys or browns. Axles have always been black, so to friction pins. Many parts have always been produced in few colours. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, FTX) !!

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

(...) Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I’m starting with foot pump (5$), and will search for electric compressor later on. Pressure limiter, as I understand, is a must. I also prefer 220V. With those two constraints the offering is very (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

Hello, Try splitting the engine and lego compressor into separate circuts. That way you don't use all your pressure on each switch. I split my six pump compressor and scissor lift into 2 circuts one for each switch and it dramatically increased (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

The other option is to use an air tank that you fill from the neighbourhood service station compressor, or your own, and regulate the pressure with a pressure regulating valve (PRV). It is also advisable to filter the air to remove any oil or other (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

(...) I have a car tyre air compressor with a variable pressure limiter, which is essential for LEGO pneumatics. It will nominally produce 250psi. I set the limiter to 20-25psi normally, perhaps 30psi for short periods. Note that you need a pressure (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Construction Yard

(...) Swissbagger (Beat Schuler) will most likely bring his MAN tipper truck and the Kaiser S2 climbing excavator presented here on Lugnet some time ago. (Can still be found in the sidebar). Maybe another creation in the same scale as well. But I (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Construction Yard

Beat Felber ha scritto: (...) thank you very much for your compliments! from me and from the other guys from abstechnology the models on your site a very impressive too! It was very entertaining to play with all that sawdust !! after the show we (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Three metres long heavy beam transport

(...) Hi Dennis, Congratulation to this amazing model, it really looks massive!! I also saw this model on the video of you. The description on your site is great. Looking forward to see you next month, Best regards from Denmark Anders Gaasedal (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Three metres long heavy beam transport

(...) Nathan, Thanks for the compliments. As I'm living in Europe, it's impossible to bring such models overseas. And I don't have any plans to visit the US in the near future. I keep it in the west part of Europe ;-) Best regards, Dennis (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Construction Yard

Hi (...) These are definitely very impressive models! It must be a lot of fun digging, ripping, compacting and transporting with these earthmovers. What material do you use on your construction site? I guess it must be of very low density. Will you (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

(...) Tried it. You are right, it does produce a lot of air, but without any pressure, which seems to be essential for pneumatic engine. (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Three metres long heavy beam transport

(...) I remember seeing a model like that in the video clip from when you were interviewed on Dutch TV. That is amazing! It is even better to see it again. Are you going to bring any of your models to BrickFest this year or any year in the future? (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Electric Compressor for Pneumatic Engines

(...) Have you tried the RC motor? (URL) a single small compressor, it pumps a phenomenal amount of air. (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) Don't know about 'beauty', but my dancing Easter chickens were popular at work: (URL) ran them off the compressed air coming out of the wall (in a hospital), and I had to turn the pressure way down to keep them from boucing apart... (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact