 Technic / *17411 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Knitting Machine

(...) Tom, I am speechless. This is amazing. Thank you for this. Chris (19 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic)

  LEGO Knitting Machine

Greetings All, I've built a functional LEGO knitting machine. The thing works remarkably well and has yet to drop a stitch. Pictures can be found at: (URL) video is at: (URL) just mesmerized by this thing and hope you enjoy it. Tom (19 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: mindstorms NXT - 90 degree.

(...) Or do what I do. Don't bother with (entirely) studless, and buy secondhand studded off Ebay or Bricklink. Steve (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building instruction Turaga Vakama #8540

Widar Junker Karpinski schrieb: (...) Please look at this link (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Where should the 100 NXT testers' findings be shown?

Is it likely that all 100 of the people chosen for early NXT testing will know of LUGNET and post their findings here? Should LEGO set up a forum on legofan.org or mindstorms.com? How about nxtbot.com? It would be nice to have a single place to get (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? For Mindstorms the answer is: YES!

Hi Adrian, the new mindstorms is using standard plugs as known from telephone systems. At least this is what the "experts" said in Frechen yesterday. I myself have no deeper knowledge in mindstrorms and I cannot guarantee what a telephone cable (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Similarities between original (olda) masks and Piraka skull-wrappers

(URL) Interesting>, more than amazing. (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: mindstorms NXT - 90 degree.

(...) Not that hard really - Most of the studless sets I have played with are not beam type constructions in 3D. They all tend to be layers of 2D beams pinned together like sandwiches. If you look at most of the new studless technic sets the large (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mindstorms NXT - 90 degree.

(...) This is the exact reason why it took me so long to warm to studless construction, When I gave it a try I found it very hard to build stable 3 dimensional boxes. Lately I've been using it successfully in two dimensions allied to conventional (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic)

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:IsoMtA.C62@lugnet.com... (...) days??? (...) flex. I'm (...) it's (...) current 9V (...) It does seem to go away from the whole compatability isuue that LEGO has (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) Unfortunately, however, (URL) it seems the connectors are obscure RJ-type connectors>, and are not easily obtainable - may even be custom made for TLC. And they make "piggy-backing" connectors much harder. I'll reserve my opinion for now... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  WMD: Weapon of Moonbase Defense

As seen at NWBrickCon 2005: (4 URLs) The (URL) WMD> is a moonbase module that features cannons that really fire, controlled wirelessly using a Mana unit. It rotates, elevates, and shoots 4 Technic arrows. Special thanks to David Wegmuller for (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) My gut feeling is no. Their is no need for Technic to have a six wire flex. I'm pretty sure it's more expensive from a manufacturing point of view and it's bulkier. Also why go to all the expense of having to redesign all the current 9V parts? (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) This is an interesting and intriguing hypothesis, Adrian. For our (TCLTC) applications of the LEGO wiring system, RJ would be a welcome change. One could custom cut wire lengths, and it would be a whole lot cheaper (and probably more reliable, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

With all the talk recently about the NXT MindStorms, something hit me this morning. I'm guessing most of us here have seen this picture- (URL) note is the use of the RJ style wiring they use. Now, let's think about this for a moment. Waaaay back in (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) Wow! that is dedication. So, if someone has an MOC that has old and new parts plus non-Lego parts, a 3-D design software is the way to go if they don't know how to use LDraw? I wish I had the free time. All I have is 3-D AutoCAD- which can do (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Worm Gear Problem

(...) The new style worm gears have the advantage, that they can be put onto a 5.5- axle like shown in the following pics. (2 URLs) complete> (URL) after moderation> (2 URLs) disassembled> (URL) after moderation> No additional parts are needed to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) I can see how that would be, but I didn't find any posts explaining the instructions from the time that you originally posted them, so I figured I may as well ask. Thanks for responding. (...) All I can say is, "WOW". I'm sure many of the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) Hi Travis, It is a big surprise that I see a reply on something I did over 2 years ago. Indeed it was before I knew of Ldraw and at that time I actually started to discover LEGO again and it's huge community of AFOLs. So yes, I made the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) I know you posted this 2 and a half years ago, but I'm curious, and figured I'd ask anyway. How did you create these instructions? Did you model the parts yourself in a CAD program, and then model the car using the parts? That seems like a (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact