 Technic / *10806 (-10)
  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Tobbe! (...) I like them too, though I'm disappointed how easily the elevating axle bends. (...) 8?) I doubt even John's miniature controls could be squeezed in there! (...) Yes, I'll probably try transparent next time. It's so (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Recent BS that struck my fancy.

(...) Ah, thanks. I thought both "sounded" right. I think I need more theoretic English. Meanwhile Lord of the Rings must suffer - I can't believe how nice Tolkien makes English. Only read it in Swedish previously. (...) Ah, thanks! I'll give it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) My guess is kids today are forced to "get adult" faster thus turning away from LEGO sooner. This makes the Technic line in it's traditional meaning harder to sell. Since the rant is up I'll blame the lack of beams, I mean of we AFOL's have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Eric! Though the pink seats weren't my idea..... (...) Well, I've been following the progress of Jama with interest too 8?) Regards ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Well, my answer is buy Meccano instead ... they have some nice sets for reasonable prices. Meccano Motion System 50 Re-use 599 Meccano building pieces to make up to 50 different models with this sensational kit. Includes a 6 Volt motor and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Clever design on the boom, both extension and elevating. But why didn't you use real drive and suspension, bet you could have fit some RC from HiTechnic in there aswell :) The stickers look OK from here, and they lead me to explore the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What?? How do you know that? - David (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) No, probably not. I admit plenty of attention is needed to play (I don't believe I stated otherwise.) However, when people begin to grow dependent on video games for entertainment, it is common that they tend to play for long periods of time (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Build, Test and BUY (at Legoland CA)

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:H845JB.CF9@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) because (...) [ ... snipped ... ] While it has been a while since I was at LEGOLand, when I was there I had a conversation with (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Not every board game lasts as long as Monopoly or a marathon game of Go. And there's plenty of kids who play RPGs that take up to 100 hours to finish, so I'm gonna have to disagree on just plain (video) "games" being the problem. Even (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact