 Storage / 890
  Need alternative storage recommendations

Greetings all, Currently I have eight 11 gallon and six 7 gallon Rubbermaid storage tubs filled with my Lego collection. Most of the tubs comprise one color broken down in different bags of special pieces. The basic bricks and plates are loose on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Need alternative storage recommendations

(...) Dave, You'll see a number of discussions about sorting and storage techniques under the lugnet.storage newsgroup. You should definitely read back through the wealth of information found here before you commit your hard earned $$$ to any (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Need alternative storage recommendations

(...) I like the 7-drawer IRIS cabinets that you can get from Costco for $25. They're about 5 feet tall, and hold a pretty large amount of LEGO. --Bill. (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Need alternative storage recommendations

(...) Many people like the small 18/23/60/whatever-drawer units that sell for ~$10, but in your case (and mine) you need something that makes better use of your closet's depth - 6" deep just doesn't use the space. My storage system uses three basic (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Need alternative storage recommendations

(...) I dunno if they're still around, but a Wal-Mart near me was clearning a "gift set" out that included this, the 60 drawer unit, and six "akro-bins" for $8ish. Not a bad deal. (...) I've got a mixed set of Akro-Mils and Plano. The Akro-Mils (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Need alternative storage recommendations

(...) My reccomendation would be to continue to use your large tubs, but sort the parts by type and then put bags of similar types together in tubs. For parts which you have smaller quantities of, look at the various drawer units people have (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.storage)