 Storage / 896
Re: Need alternative storage recommendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:44:24 GMT

David Simmons wrote:

Greetings all,

Currently I have eight 11 gallon and six 7 gallon Rubbermaid storage tubs
filled with my Lego collection.  Most of the tubs comprise one color broken
down in different bags of special pieces.  The basic bricks and plates are
loose on the bottom.  My trouble is that almost all the tubs are overflowing
and I'm thinking that I need to commit to a radical rearrangement of my
storage system.

Instead of keeping all the colors separated, I think I need to break
everything down by part and mix the basic and special pieces together by
color as well.  I have a 27" x 50" x 60" closet area to play with.  Should I
stick with these storage tubs and buy a few more or can someone recommend an
alternative that won't break me financially?

My reccomendation would be to continue to use your large tubs, but sort
the parts by type and then put bags of similar types together in tubs.
For parts which you have smaller quantities of, look at the various
drawer units people have mentioned or the Plano compartmented boxes etc.
These can either be stacked on top of the tubs, or put inside the
appropriate tubs. With storing the tubs in a closet, I reccomend you
label the tubs as to what they generally contain. You may want to
reserve the top several tubs for selections of the parts you are most
likely to want to use on a casual basis.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com