 Storage / 730
    Re: the evolution of lego sorting —James Simpson
   (...) One of the parameters of my growing storage dillema is how to keep pieces sufficiently separated such that scratching and scarring is kept to an absolute minimum when I have to rummage around. My experience is that, in the long run, if one has (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: the evolution of lego sorting —John Boreczky
     (...) It's been a long time since I've seen any discussion about this, and I don't remember the conclusion. Do you do more damage to bricks keeping them built in walls/cubes/piles which keeps them "flexed" or keeping them loose which lets them get (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: the evolution of lego sorting —Erik Olson
     My friend put all the yellow 1x bricks into 12x1x10 walls in preparation for a new project.Oh, and the 2x4 into plus-sign shaped 4x4x10 pillars. The project never got built, but I love those walls. They are great for scoping out what a mountain side (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: the evolution of lego sorting —Steve Bliss
     (...) I think this is were subcontainers, or even ziplock bags, can be very handy. I can't imagine having separate compartments for each color of 1x2 bricks, but I can imagine having a number of bags in a single container, each bag having a single (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: the evolution of lego sorting —Frank Filz
     (...) Yea, that's what my system is, though I use Hefty brand resealable bags (note that it's Ziploc without a K and that's a particular brand's trademark). (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: the evolution of lego sorting —scott Frischmann
   (...) I'm right with ya onboard the "I Hate Scratches" bandwagon. Over the years, I've always thought scratches were caused only by bricks against bricks. When I got the whole M:Tron™ collection for Xmas '90, I kept those trans-neon-green pieces in (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.storage, FTX)