 Storage / 679
  Re: How do you sort your legos?

(...) Until recently, I didn't. But I'm currently attempting to sort by colour. Yellow, red, blue, white, light grey and black each get their own tub, and the newer, less common colours like brown, green, and tan are probably going to stay mixed (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: How do you sort your legos?

(...) I used to sort by color. But it was really hard to find pieces, especially the very little ones. When my collection got to about 30-35K pieces, I got sick of having to dump all the pieces on the floor in order to find the part I was looking (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you sort your legos?

Hi Mark, I would have to agree with Bram and recommend sorting by piece. At the beginning of awakening from my "dark Ages' I sorted by color, filled many plano boxes and then discovered finding the right part in all the "black" boxes was tedious at (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you sort your legos?

(...) (as a little bit of a note, I am up to ~147K, and have only just started to sort by both piece and colour. The only pieces I have sorted by both piece and colour right now are 1x4's in primary colours (not black, because nearly all my black (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you sort your legos?

Thanks for the ideas! I am very new to this site, it is nice to get informative responses so quickly. I have been sorting by piece, as of now they all fit in bags. I would say I have close to 3,000 legos. BUT, come christmas it will almost double!! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you sort your legos?

(...) I think it can really depend on type of collection when you start sorting by piece and color. I'm pretty sure I started way before I had 100k pieces sorted. According to my Excel spreadsheet, I'm up to 247k pcs in my collection, which is (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)