 Storage / 515
Re: Instructions Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:33:53 GMT

Paulo Caparica Junior wrote in message
<38C6F950.6BA9E203@nospam.vertex.com.br>...

Frank Filz wrote:

Skip wrote:

I had a "Lego Renaissance" last year and started buying sets again • after about
15 years of hibernation (I am 34 if anyone wants to know)I bought about • 10,000
pieces last year and while I am still working out sorting and storage • methods
I am most unhappy with instructions. Currently I use a large 3 ring • binder
with clear plastic sleeves, but the instructions for larger sets are • too long
and I am afraid they will get damaged. What and how are other AFOL's • doing
with instruction?
Thanks in advance.

You could try making an arrangement with a European to get a European
binder and sleeves. The instruction booklets follow European paper sizes
They are European, they are ISO paper sizes. They are also used in
Brazil,
and Brazil is in America...
(which if I'm remembering right, the large ones are A4 size which is
approximately 20cm x 30cm).
A4 is 210 mm x 297 mm

And I just measured my 5561 instructions which happen to be sitting right
next to me, with a metric ruler which happens to be right in front of me.
They are definitely A4 size, so there you go, look for A4 size sheet
protectors.

What I can never remember is which way the sizes go, in other words is A5
smaller or larger? I know the US paper sizes better because I've heard them
in terms of plotter size (A size is 8.5x11, B size is 11x17, C size is
17x22, D size is 22x34, E size is 34x44, etc. Don't know how the smaller
paper sizes are specified though (is it AA for 5.5x8.5?)).

Frank