 Storage / 1516
Re: Ultimate Lego Transport/Storage Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:39:17 GMT

Too bad they aren't taller, so you could put large baseplates vertically in them.

Note - if you belong to Ebates, or search online, you will find $30off150 coupons, netting you 14 boxes for $123.58 plus tax.  Free shipping at that point.
That knocks the boxes down to $8.83 each plus tax.

As for Iris compatibility, I hear ya.  I was buying Iris carts like crazy 2-4 years ago, as they had a 7-drawer at Costco that varied in price by week, but
was dirt cheap compared to anyone else.  Took those apart and rebuild them by drawer sizes.  Then all the retail stores stopped carrying them, switching to
the "new" Iris carts that were about 5% smaller, at the same price.  Then Costco stopped carrying them too.

At this point, the ONLY time I can find Iris carts the same size as mine is at Xmas time when Office Depot or Max has the green frame/red drawer types.
Couldn't find a one here in FL this year.

Good thing I bought a ton of them when I did.  Now I'll have to start buying new ones that stay separate from the old if I expand (sounds like my color
problem with Lego.  Hmmmm.......).

I'm reaaaaally tempted to order 14 of these for my Lego room.  But I'll have to decide if I order 14 and stop, or order a ton more, and expect them to not be
available in 6 months.

TWS Garrison wrote:

I've finally found it.
        http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do;jsessionid=0000R2W5PMEDESVTB1AW1Z35SBY:ufnir22a?level=SK&id=492928&location_info=SG_1_DV_7_SC_705008_SK_492928

Cons:
Street price of $12 each
Found only at Office Depot so far
Iris seems to have little interest in product stability or compatibility;
this box may go away at any time.

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/