 Storage / 1503
Re: A Monumental Task
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.storage, William R. Ward wrote:

When I moved from Santa Cruz to Mountain View (about 40 miles) three years ago,
my collection was much smaller - three Iris drawer units about 5 feet tall, plus
some 3033 tubs.  I taped the Iris drawers shut with Scotch tape and made sure to
untape them as soon as I unloaded the LEGO.

The risk is the cabinets falling over.  If the van is packed well, that
shouldn't happen.  I've never used professional movers though - I'm a U-Haul
kinda guy.  Granted, 40 miles isn't all that far in the grand scheme of things,
but it was over the infamous Highway 17...

Well, it's one month gone by and the Lego is packed up and ready to be moved. It
took close to 200 boxes and 5 66 quart Sterilite containers. All that's left is
to bag up the instruction books and put them in a 66 quart Sterilite container.

The drawers holding my bricks are just going to be taped shut with clear box
tape. I'm not to concerned with any residue that might remain after I remove the
tape. The residue can be removed at a later date. If I am so inclined.

The rest of my life is mostly still in boxes from my last move, so the rest of
the packing should go fairly quickly.

All of my dishes, pots, pans, microwave, and vacuum cleaner are being given to
my brother and young niece who's home burned down late last year. They lost
everything. My girlfriend has all of those items and does not need more.

I am heading down in February to clean out the remaining junk from the future
LSF, and hang some shelving. The LSF measures 20' x 11'.

I can't wait to get out of Detroit.

Steven Weiser