 Storage / 1417
Re: Warped baseplates: can they be restored to flatness?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 04:00:09 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Edward Welsh wrote:
Does anyone have any siggestions on restoring warped baseplates to their
original shape?

Build heavy models on top of them.

Ha, ha.

I'm afraid I can't think of anything else.

How did they get warped?  Were they not stacked flat?

-Teddy

They were stacked flat at one time, but must've slid somewhere along the 18 or
so years they'd been packed away.  Only two of the baseplates were damaged, but
it's pretty severe (I can slide a plate under the bow in the worst of them).

It's not a huge deal, I have other 8x16s, but these have sentimental value,
given they were part of my original collection from way back when.

I might just take up your suggestion and build a gigantic tower on them, then
see what they look like in 2022 :)