 Storage / 1164
Re: Lstock v.1.0a
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:48:50 GMT

Oh great!  I guess I got the wrong impression.  I think using OpenGL
would be a good idea...

--Bill.

"RasterMan" <rasterman@telefonica.net> writes:
At the moment we can't afford two versions of lstock (Win32 and Linux/Unix
platform), but make it cross-platform will be "relatively" easy....
We only use DirectX for render and our graphics libraries are easy to
convert to OpenGL.
We don´t use any MFC or Win32 dependent function in the program core, and
code will compile with little effort with gcc or dgjpp.
With a good OpenGL driver, a gcc (C++) compiler and a few changes the
program should run in any platform.
The first problem with this is the support of various versions.....
May be someday we make the source free and someone will be responsable of
other versions like linux or Mac version.....

Thanks for your suggestion

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> escribió en el mensaje

I really dislike the Windows-centric attitude inherent in the Lstock
design.  With such dependence on hardware there is (probably) no way
this will be runnable (under an emulator) on MacOS or Linux.  Please
try to make your code more cross-platform compatible.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net • http://www.wards.net/~bill/

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin